Have been out here in bay area for past few days, and visibly out of action on venturewoods. Everytime I come here a couple of things hit me:
1. The infrastructure for startups to get going is great — right from office space onwards. There are literally hundreds of easy to move in/low lockin options ideal for startups
2. The ecosystem in terms of involving experienced executives still working at other firms is there — this is more a matter of mental openness than anything else, but the “pre startup” phase seems to be doing well.
Alok is a board member at TiE Delhi, and a founding member of Indian Angel Network.
Prior to Indifi, Alok ran India venture operations for Canaan Partners in India, with focus on internet, technology and BPO space. Earlier, Alok cofounded JobsAhead.com, a leading job portal which was acquired by Monster.com. Alok is a computer science graduate from IIT Delhi and, postgraduate from UC, Berkeley.
The views expressed on this site are personal views of Alok, and do not constitute an offical opinion of any company or organization.
Latest posts by Alok Mittal (see all)
- Promoters or Entrepreneurs – A choice for Private Equity players - August 3, 2019
- Startup Marathon Mindset - March 25, 2019
- What’s your Customer Culture? - March 4, 2019