People in search for jobs in startups or want to become co-founders, post here.
Use the comments section of this page to leave a short bio of yourself if you are interested in joining/creating a startup (fulltime, parttime, or advisory roles welcome). Please include your area of interest and specialization, location preference, the role and level of seniority that is expected. Also try and include any compensation parameters. Finally, do make sure you offer a direct response email id/phone number. You may choose to use proxy information in case you want to remain confidential at the first stage. Based on the response we will decide if we need to develop a more elaborate job board.
Please post only your bio here — please do not post other comments. Do respond directly to the bios, and do not comment further on the bios posted here
If you are in search for hires, partners, cofounders etc, please post them on Venturejobs section.
I am media professional with 12 years exposure in variety of media.
I wish to encash on Digital imaging boom in India with Mobile, media online platform.
Some examples are http://www.shutterfly.com and http://www.snapfish.com with $100 billion revenues.
Investment is on logistics and hardware, rest from order to delivery it is mechanised.
Looking for incubators and people with mindset of COVERTING IDEAS & CONCEPTS INTO RESULTS.
Pl share and grow!!!!!
Experienced North American, Sales, Marketing, Business Development Executive specializing in Media, Mobile and Net Infrastrcture start-ups and technologies:
(full time, part-time, advisory — depending on the opportunity)
1. Currently serving as EVP Business Development, Mexens Technologies, home of “The Navizon Wireless Positioning System” for handheld devices. Responsibilities include all aspects of business development and marketing for a revolutionary technology (that blends GPS/WiFi/Cellular positioning technologies) for handheld mobile devices (PocketPC’s, Smartphones, Cell Phones and RIM/Blackberry devices). This technology is a critical enabler for a wide range of Location Based Service and mobile content applications. We have 30,000+ active users in over 40 countries since launching in December 2005.
2. served as VP Business Development for Infosplit, a small NYC based internet geo-intelligence services firm (patent pending technology that can identify the exact geographical location of a web IP number). Responsibilities included all aspects of business development, marketing and sales for this advanced IP geo-location technology focused on the needs of media, entertainment, gaming, security and search customers worldwide. Infosplit was profitable when acquired in May 2004 by Mountain View based http://www.quova.com which counts Google, Yahoo! and Microsoft as its customers.
3. Served as Executive Vice President of Business Development for Toronto based “Streamcheck”, a B2B, ASP, content delivery infrastructure company, now the established global standard for Streaming Media “Quality of Service” (QoS) Metrics. At Streamcheck we provided quality assurance services to some of the largest media companies in the world including CNN, MTV, AOL, CNet, MSNBC, Yahoo! and the BBC. (Note: I was also an investor in Streamcheck along with Mark Cuban, founder Yahoo!/Broadcast.com). The company was profitable when acquired in July 2003 by Keynote Systems of Santa Clara, CA.
4. Served as Senior Manager, Strategic Channels, Media Systems Division at RealNetworks, Seattle, pioneers in the field of streaming audio and video content over the internet.
5. Served as Apple Computer’s Worldwide Channel Marketing Manager for Publishing, Entertainment & New Media, based in Cupertino, California.
6. Established and managed the Canadian subsidiary for Aldus Corporation (PageMaker) — pioneers in the field of Desktop Publishing technology — increasing in country revenues from $300,000 to $6 million (1988 to 1993).
I’m also an alumnus of The University of Western Ontario Executive Marketing Program for Advanced Technology Business – April 1992 (London, Ontario — Affiliated with INSEAD)
James P. W. Parsons
(647) 230-9077 mobile
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have a varied background with technology driven initiatives within the consumer and business-to-business space. Post my MBA from the US, I’ve been associated with companies such as NextCard, an Internet credit card company in San Francisco, Baazee.com (acquired by Ebay) and Venture Infotek, an electronic payment processor in Bombay. I am currently with Travelguru, an online travel portal, funded by WestBridge Capital, as the Head for Product and Online Marketing initiatives. I joined a year ago as the second member on the team when we had no website or funding. We are now doing 500 transactions a day with 50 people in the team and growing.
My interests lie in taking companies from concept to execution. I’m looking for full time opportunities with technology based startups that allow me to be based in Bombay. Pls contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a member of the Band of Angels in India.
I am primarily interested in transactional companies that can start small but have the potential to become “elephants”. Passion, integrity and the ability to bootstrap are important elements that I look for in entrepreneurs who are looking to raise angel rounds and be sponsored by him. Sanjay is currently sponsoring some companies who have given him 0.75% of the company stock fully vested as a grant. Sanjay is a B.Tech (Mechanical) engineer from IIT Mumbai, 1978 and a PGDM, IIM Ahmedabad, 1980. He was with Citibank for 18 years where he led the creation of two elephants ; corporate cash management ( 1985-1989) in India which moved 5% of India’s GDP through Citibank and custodial services in Thailand ( 1990 -1993) which grew its market share from 1% to 36%. More recently (1999-2001), Sanjay was VP, Payments at PayPal (#10 employee) which now has over 100 million customers in 56 countries. Sanjay has been in Delhi since January, 2004 and posts on the http://www.venturewoods.org blog. He is also interested in social entrepreneurship and is a Stanford University Reuters Digital Vision Fellow (2002-03).
Please contact me by email, email@example.com, with a one pager if you want me to be an advisor or just want to have coffee. Location Hyatt Regency, Bhikaji Cama Place in Delhi. You will need to buy the coffee and maybe some chocolate cake :-). I enjoy meeting interesting people.
If your one pager does not interest me or I have conflicts/ no bandwidth I will say so.
Please do not waste my time or yours by approaching me without doing your homework. Read my posts on venturewoods and see if you think I can add value to your efforts.
I am interested in a reasonably well funded small to mid-sized, early stage company in hardware/software technology arena that could use and benefit from an in-depth and broad experience in product development, marketing and US business development. My first pref would be Bangalore or Delhi, but any location in India would be fine. A temporary assignment would be perfectly fine too. A brief synopsis of my background:
Abhay Oswal, MSCS/EE: Hands-on technologist, and a seasoned product management executive. Skilled in invention, life-cycle and business development of a broad array of gadgets and technologies….. with a keen sense of user experience, human comfort and UI.
Came from Intel and Apple backgrounds to launch Neteyes, inc. in Palo Alto, Calif. and innovate a new paradigm in digital communication. Neteyes successor G-viz, inc. licensed out several core components in web-based interactive communication (e.g. Webex) and other internet related software. Accomplishments include creation of an array of computer hardware/ software products, devices and technologies in imaging, scanning, video, voice, wireless and enterprise applications at Silicon Valley and San Diego companies. Wore several hats at team development, product management, marketing and executive levels at various stages of startups during my career. More recent work comprised instrumentation and imaging tools for bio-med industry.
Am currently a CTO at a San Diego MD services company, involved in turnkey wireless automation, portable tools and instant back-end connectivity for operational needs of a mobile physician.
A founding principal at a computer company previously, I began my career in the Bell System, lived in California with over 20 years of computer industry experience, have two patents, a Computer Sc. MS from Northwestern, IIT Delhi EE BTech, IIT Kanpur MTech. Please feel free to contact by email if you would like additional information in specific areas.
Abhay Oswal — Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92091 949-533-0046 firstname.lastname@example.org