Startups in search for hires, partners, co-founders, advisors, post job descriptions here.
Use the comments section on this page for posting startup jobs. Please include the area that the company operates in, the location, the role and level of seniority that is expected. Also try and include any compensation parameters. Finally, do make sure you offer a direct response email id/phone number. Based on the response, we will see if we need to develop a more elaborate job board system.
Please post only jobs/companies here — please do not post other comments. Do respond directly to the jobs, and do not comment further on the jobs posted here.
Individuals in search for jobs or to become co-founders, post profile at the VentureTalent page.
General Manager, Marketing & Customer Acquisition- Job Description
Madhouse is a Media and Entertainment Company with its focus on easy access to high quality entertainment content. Madhouse was founded in December 2004 and is headquartered in Delhi, India. We are the first Indian company to offer movie rental service accessible via a multi-channel model, in which customers can interact through web, SMS, phone & kiosks.
The Mission: To transform the way consumers choose and watch films at home. To provide an extraordinary experience in information, choice, convenience and efficiency making movie rental from Madhouse the first choice of customers in India.
The Vision: To emerge as the leading entertainment retailing company in the country, over the next 4-5 years. To become an ‘Entertainment Supermarket’ which provides the consumer access to the universe of entertainment, such as cinema, home video, books, music, gaming and more.
Madhouse is looking for an exceptional consumer marketer with a track record in multi-channel marketing execution and a passion for technology, movies and internet communities. You will play a key planning and execution role in establishing Madhouse as a reliable brand.
Focus and major areas of accountability:
• Lead marketing and customer acquisition
• Leadership qualities and ability to manage mid-sized teams with diverse individuals.
• Planning, designing, executing, analyzing and improving marketing programs under a comprehensive and unified vision
• Apply guerrilla marketing, viral marketing using online, direct, out door, mass media, partnerships and sponsorship techniques.
• Driving new marketing programs, and hitting new subscriber acquisition goals that fuel fast growth of madhouse services.
• Capability to research specific markets and plan targeted marketing initiatives.
• Oversight of corporate marketing budget.
• Internal company expert on all marketing and customer acquisition related areas.
• Proficiency in analysis and using empirical data to make strategic decisions is a must.
Key experience and characteristics:
• 5-7 years experience in consumer marketing.
• Experience in executing Multi-channel marketing programs, both online and offline.
• MBA or equivalent from a good business school preferred.
• Understanding of measurement, tracking and optimization techniques.
• Clear, succinct writer with ability to simplify a message in marketing materials.
• Project management skills in teams consisting of multiple functions and outside vendors.
• Ability to navigate a “start-up” environment and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• A creative thinker, self-starter and committed “finisher”.
• Proven track record of establishing a brand from scratch will be a plus.
Competitive renumeration package with a mix of fixed salary, bonus, and stock options.
Sameer Guglani: sameerguglani at madhouse dot in , +91-93165 26313
Nandini Hirianniah: nandini at madhouse dot in , +91-93572 44440
www dot madhouse dot in
NETGRID COMPUTING is an exciting, original, early-stage venture into Research Informatics. Currently the company is looking for an excellent JAVA/J2EE architect with atleast 7 years of experience building enterprise applications, who will be responsible for the complete life cycle of the product, from concept to design and implementation. This person will be responsible for all aspects of product development, hiring the rest of the software development team and managing/mentoring the team.
– Hyderabad, India
– Decent Salary
– Stock Options and Stake in the company
– Great Start-up work environment
– Opportunity to grow to the level of CTO.
– Mohan Nakka (mohan at netgridcomputing dot com)
MicroAppli.com is a Mobile 2.0 startup based in Singapore with focus on sharing of user-generated mobile content (pictures, videos, ringtones, any other content on your phone) in a P2P manner, — which is extremely user-friendly, a technology which “just works” across different telcos, countries, handsets — an a technology which does not cost you on your pocket.
We are looking for a good business development guy to lead the operations in India – we already have two very big clients signed up ( 1 TECLO, 1 NEWS agency). We don’t care what formal education you have – as long as you have the fire in your belly.
we are looking for people who have been involvedc directly or indirectly with 3rd party VAS launches with telcos in India or worked in new media advertising – ( Indiatimes, Rediff, etc.) kind of companies.
We are looking for TWO people — Needless to say – packages will be good.
Bonus will be given for every new client you sign up.
Please contact me directly at sourabhs at microappli dot com with CV and previous work experience.
Uzanto is looking to hire AJAX / Ruby on Rails / RIA hackers in Delhi. So here is our top 11 reasons why you should work for us.
1) Opportunity to work for a cool product startup, instead of being a code-monkey, at one of the big Indian software services company
2) A chance to build a killer product here in New Delhi, whose beta customers include some of largest web/technology companies of the world- yes, you can guess WHO we are referring to…
3) Exposure to AJAX, FLEX, Flash, and any other rich web technology that has been or will be invented
4) Get products hard-coded into your DNA- no deluded clients, no tense midnight meetings, just unrelenting, serendipitious product development work
5) Exposure to the ‘traditional’ enterprise stack: JAVA, SQLSERVER etc
6) Exposure to ‘nontraditional’ enterprise stack: LAMP / Ruby on Rails
7) We are based in Delhi and will remain there. No commuting to Gurgaon or Noida. No moving to Bangalore.
8) No office politics, paperwork, meetings, or other corporate bullshit- we’d prefer to die rather than have those at our workplace
9) Generous pay packages and bonus structure
10) Get known! We encourage our employees to blog about their work.
11) We are currently working on another killer Web2.0 application; you get a chance to build that from scratch
Check out our vacancy announcement on the 37signals job board (http://jobs.37signals.com/jobs/332) – YES, WE ARE SERIOUSLY LOOKING FOR GOOD PEOPLE)
If you’re interested, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
I plan to setup a company in bangalore. Looking for partners in DSP,RTOS,GSM,GPRS,UMTS & WLAN domain.