â€œDoes your company have a Facebook page?â€
In order to be truly successful in building a live and engaging community on the web, you need to have both a positioning strategy and an execution plan in place. To formulate a strategy for your online community, you need to answer a few critical questions before you begin.
Why should I create a community?
A community can serve multiple purposes and can be very powerful provided you have a clear objective. Some of the objectives for you to consider include:
- Brand building and promotion. Cokeâ€™s community on Facebook has more than 5.7 million members
- Customer feedback. Starbucksâ€™ community has more than 7.5 million members and the community decides the flavor of the brandâ€™s next coffee.
- Lead generation and online sales. Gunpowder restaurant in New Delhi does much of its table booking through its Facebook fan page
- Online reputation management. Dellâ€™s Facebook page for small and medium-sized businesses is a great tool for the company to continuously strengthen its reputation as a brand that is committed to customer service.
Read complete article at Wall Street Journal.
Pradeep has personally trained & advised over 2000 professionals including CEOs across Asia in helping them grow their businesses through Digital Vidya’s hands-on Digital Marketing trainings.
Pradeep is one of the most sought after international speakers on Digital Marketing and Entrepreneurship. His speaking assignments include ad-tech, SES (USA), World Social Media Summit at Kuala Lumpur, Social Media Workshops across Asia, Click Asia Summit, Global Youth Marketing Forum, TiEcon and NASSCOM India Leadership Forum. He writes on Entrepreneurship and Digital Marketing for Wall Street Journal, Inc & Entrepreneur Magazines.
Pradeep is also the recipient of Social Media Entrepreneur Award (at Global Youth Marketing Forum), PIMR Marketing Excellence Award and CMOAsia’s Brand Slam Leadership Award for his contribution to Digital Marketing industry.
A graduate from IIT Delhi, Pradeep is a core member of the Global Committee at SEMPO USA, a non-profit that nurtures the growth of Digital Marketing globally. He also sits on the advisory board of Social Media Chambers Malaysia. His obsession for the digital medium has led him to believe that the Internet connectivity is more important than the water supply :). He’s a tweet away @PradeepChopra. Find more about Digital Vidya at http://www.digitalvidya.com
Latest posts by Pradeep Chopra (see all)
- The Future of Search (Wall Street Journal) - October 6, 2010
- The â€˜Costâ€™ of Facebook Marketing (Wall Street Journal) - July 15, 2010
- Tracking Your Company Facebook Page (Wall Street Journal) - July 9, 2010