â€œDoes your company have a Facebook page?â€
In order to be truly successful in building a live and engaging community on the web, you need to have both a positioning strategy and an execution plan in place. To formulate a strategy for your online community, you need to answer a few critical questions before you begin.
Why should I create a community?
A community can serve multiple purposes and can be very powerful provided you have a clear objective. Some of the objectives for you to consider include:
- Brand building and promotion. Cokeâ€™s community on Facebook has more than 5.7 million members
- Customer feedback. Starbucksâ€™ community has more than 7.5 million members and the community decides the flavor of the brandâ€™s next coffee.
- Lead generation and online sales. Gunpowder restaurant in New Delhi does much of its table booking through its Facebook fan page
- Online reputation management. Dellâ€™s Facebook page for small and medium-sized businesses is a great tool for the company to continuously strengthen its reputation as a brand that is committed to customer service.
Read complete article at Wall Street Journal.
- The Future of Search (Wall Street Journal) - October 6, 2010
- The â€˜Costâ€™ of Facebook Marketing (Wall Street Journal) - July 15, 2010
- Tracking Your Company Facebook Page (Wall Street Journal) - July 9, 2010