Dave has a great writeup on reforming the VC industry (at least in consumer internet segment). Looks pretty 2.0ish to me — but perhaps the first 2.0 idea that makes sense 🙂
– disintermediate the LPs and GPs (the overhead and loss of information here is not funny)
– users who invest in this fund (in public markets) are also the customers of potential investee companies, so smarter decisions get made
Could we get a million passionate internet users in India to invest Rs 1000 each to create a Rs 100 crore corpus as a starting point?
Alok is a board member at TiE Delhi, and a founding member of Indian Angel Network.
Prior to Indifi, Alok ran India venture operations for Canaan Partners in India, with focus on internet, technology and BPO space. Earlier, Alok cofounded JobsAhead.com, a leading job portal which was acquired by Monster.com. Alok is a computer science graduate from IIT Delhi and, postgraduate from UC, Berkeley.
The views expressed on this site are personal views of Alok, and do not constitute an offical opinion of any company or organization.
Latest posts by Alok Mittal (see all)
- Promoters or Entrepreneurs – A choice for Private Equity players - August 3, 2019
- Startup Marathon Mindset - March 25, 2019
- What’s your Customer Culture? - March 4, 2019