Morning today was a new experiment for TiECon – we realized that besides high profile keynotes, we need to bring in success stories than entrepreneurs can relate to.
Great session which managed to bring out both the logic and the passion behind startups! Deep Kalra (Makemytrip) moderated a great discussion with Avnish (ebay), Vishal (Indiagames), Shravan (Shringar cinemas), Ashish (Yo China) and Ajay (Sarovar hotels)!
– great span of sectors – not just tech – shows that opportunities exist in every area
– young entrepreneurs continue to think big, and scale that ambition continually
– what business you get into is a mix of opportunity and passion
Alok is a board member at TiE Delhi, and a founding member of Indian Angel Network.
Prior to Indifi, Alok ran India venture operations for Canaan Partners in India, with focus on internet, technology and BPO space. Earlier, Alok cofounded JobsAhead.com, a leading job portal which was acquired by Monster.com. Alok is a computer science graduate from IIT Delhi and, postgraduate from UC, Berkeley.
The views expressed on this site are personal views of Alok, and do not constitute an offical opinion of any company or organization.
Latest posts by Alok Mittal (see all)
- Promoters or Entrepreneurs – A choice for Private Equity players - August 3, 2019
- Startup Marathon Mindset - March 25, 2019
- What’s your Customer Culture? - March 4, 2019