There are four special Startup Saturdays across the country, ie, Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad, this coming weekend 13th December. Startup Saturdays are monthly meetups organised by the HeadStart Foundation that promote interaction among entrepreneurs, advisors, investors, corporate adopters and professionals. So far, in 2008, more than 30 meet ups have taken place in India.
The agenda for this weekend across the four cities are
1. Bangalore, venue : Honeywell Technologies, Bannerghatta Road, opposite IIM Bangalore; 10 am – 1 pm, register here
– Announcement by Honeywell on the startup collaboration initiative in partnership with the HeadStart Foundation, speaker is Harsha Angeri, Head, Strategy & Initiatives, HTSL
– Talk on ‘SaaS to Cloud computing’ by Vikram Murdeshwar, Akamai
– Product demo by LifeMojo (www.lifemojo.com)
2. Mumbai, venue : Dome 2, SP Jain Institute of Management, Andheri (West); 3 pm – 6 pm, register here
– Product demo of Librarywala (www.librarywala.com) by Hiten Turakhia
– Product demo of Adoroi (www.adoroi.com) by Mitesh Thakkar
– Panel discussion on ‘The effect of the economic slowdown on startups’ involving Mahesh Murthy, SeedFund and Hemir Doshi, IDG Ventures, Gopal Krishnan, ex-CEO of Mobile2Win, and Rohit Nalwade, ex-CEO of ConsumerVision
3. Delhi, venue : American Center, 24 KG Marg, Near Connaught place; 2 pm – 5 pm, register here
– Product demo by Eko (www.eko.co.in), Anupam Varghese, VP Technology
– Talk on ‘Why Startups should not have a HR department’ by Narendra Nag
– Panel discussion moderated by Nikhil Pahwa of Medianama on ‘The future of consumer services business models in India’ involving Sanjay Sindhwani, VP New Initiatives at IndiaTimes and Harish Bahl, Founder, Smile Technology Interactive Group (promoters of Tyroo and Quasar Media)
NOTE : Registration for American Center closes on 11th December 2008, so hurry up !!
4. Hyderabad, venue : Taj Deccan; 12 noon – 7 pm, register here
– Product demo and Talk
– VC meet up : Ranjith Menon, IDG Ventures
– followed by HYSEA Technology Day : featuring talks on Azure (Microsoft), OpenSocial (Google), GWT (Google), Research and IP creation (IDG Ventures, IIIT-Hyderabad)
These Startup Saturdays are a run up to the HeadStart and Compute 2009 (www.headstart.in) annual conference co-hosted by the HeadStart Foundation and ACM Bangalore on the 9th and 10th January 2009 at the NIMHANS Convention Center, Bangalore.
- Demystifying consumer hardware product development - February 14, 2014
- the First Startup Camp @HeadStart Ventures - July 24, 2010
- My experience of raising an Angel fund. - July 18, 2010