According to http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=681107&format=print
Top 10 Disruptive Technologies for 2008-2012
- Multicore and hybrid processors
- Virtualisation and fabric computing
- Social networks and social software
- Cloud computing and cloud/Web platforms
- Web mashups
- User Interface
- Ubiquitous computing
- Contextual computing
- Augmented reality
Latest posts by Pradyot (see all)
- Indian Entrepreneur Mindset - June 19, 2011
- Presentation on Innovation Engineering at SlideShare - April 4, 2011
- Entrepreneurs and VCs can use Innovation Engineering - February 5, 2011
@Krish: Bingo 😀
Get a life, guys….It’s a tell on the quality of analyst reports. Firms like Forrester and Gartner seldom scoop up useful insights, mostly they end up lionizing the sponsors of their research. In that they make no bones of their lifeline. So, no point wondering why truly futuristic technologies don’t figure in that list. The answer is clear; none of its guerilla sponsors – IBM, MSFT, HP, Cisco, Oracle – are into those 😉
Don’t count out User Interface!
How else would you characterize the success of iPhone?
How about green technology? Classically disruptive – requires rethinking both use and production, and will be one of the most profound cultural changes in the next 50 years.
# Web mashups
# User Interface
# Ubiquitous computing
# Contextual computing
These are all technologies? 😀 I mean seriously “User Interface” ?